Equip your child for success as primary school starts.
You are definitely on to a good thing… by proactively seeking to help your child build a solid academic foundation at the very beginning of his/her formal education, you are on the front foot!
Catch them Young
Clearly you have great ambitions for your child, which is why you are visiting a website like this. However even though you are on the right path, things are constantly changing hence like many other parents you may have some gaps in the information that you need to support your child’s education.
Let's examine some of the ever changing aspects of education in UK…
Do you know...
- What the recent changes to SATS are and how they impact your child?
- When and how SATS are assessed?
- How the SATS results are used by secondary schools?
- How best to help your child outside of school?
- What you should ask at the Parent-Teacher consultation in your child’s school?
- When to start looking for a secondary school and how to go about the search?
- The difference between comprehensive, grammar and independent secondary schools?
- How to qualify for a secondary school scholarship or bursary?
No matter what your answers are to these questions, I am here to help and this is why I am qualified to do so:
I am blessed to be the mother of two young men who have excelled academically at each phase of their education from reception to university.
As you will see on this website and my other platforms, I have learnt a lot over the years and have a lot to share.
Just like you, I have great aspirations for my children. Determined to give them every opportunity to fulfil their potential, I took a keen interest in their education and started to seek ways in which I could give them a sound footing even before they started formal schooling.
I strongly believe that a robust education is one of the greatest enablers of social mobility. This belief is what fuelled my passion when my sons were younger and it is why till today I continue to share key information with other parents.
Over the years I have learnt so much but it does not stop there. I continue to learn daily because I am passionate about 'all things education’.
As they say, knowledge is power… my mission is to share vital information with you so that you are empowered and equipped to help your children get the best grades and outcomes that they have the potential to achieve.
Let’s Get Started
Click on the buttons below to find out what you are missing if you are not yet following @thesmartkidinfo on social media...
Here are some existing blogs that you will find useful:
- Year 6 SATS results explained
- 5 Ways to Develop Effective Study Skills
- Questions to Ask at The Parents’ Evening
- 3 Ingredients for a Meaningful Parents’ Evening
- Catch Them Young
- How was School Today?
- Making the Most of the Holidays
- The Eleven Plus Exams
Watch out, there is much more coming. In the meantime let me know the topics you would like to see in future blogs.
It’s great to have you on board!