Equip your child for success at A-levels.
Your child is now a young person and can take lots of decisions independent of you. However this is a stage where the actions and decisions taken are likely to significantly impact the rest of their lives. Despite this a lot of young people at this phase do not believe they need parental input anymore.
How scary, especially for a parent like you who has great aspirations for their child!
But you need not worry…
Time to soar
You stand a good chance of positively influencing your child’s choices if you build a good rapport and are armed with up-to-date information about the current and next few phases of their education journey.
Although things are constantly changing, by coming back to this website regularly, you can be sure that you will be equipped with the information you need to support your child through A-levels and beyond.
Let's examine some of the ever changing aspects of education in UK…
Do you know...
- What the recent A-level reforms are and how they impact your child?
- How A-level grades translate to the new UCAS scores?
- The range of higher education options available?
- Which universities are most sought after?
- The UCAS timelines?
- Which A-level subjects are sought after by the leading universities?
- What you should ask your child’s teachers during Parent-Teacher consultation?
- The debt-free options that are available to your child in relation to university tuition fees?
- What leading universities and future employers will be looking for in addition to excellent A-level grades?
No matter what your answers are to these questions, I am here to help and this is why I am qualified to do so:
I am blessed to be the mother of two young men who have excelled academically at each phase of their education from reception to university.
As you will see on this website and my other platforms, I have learnt a lot over the years and have a lot to share.
Just like you, I have great aspirations for my children. Determined to give them every opportunity to fulfil their potential, I took a keen interest in their education and started to seek ways in which I could give them a sound footing even before they started formal schooling.
I strongly believe that a robust education is one of the greatest enablers of social mobility. This belief is what fuelled my passion when my sons were younger and it is why till today I continue to share key information with other parents.
Over the years I have learnt so much but it does not stop there. I continue to learn daily because I am passionate about 'all things education’.
As they say, knowledge is power… my mission is to share vital information with you so that you are empowered and equipped to help your children get the best grades and outcomes that they have the potential to achieve.
Let’s Get Started
Click on the buttons below to find out what you are missing if you are not yet following @thesmartkidinfo on social media...
Here are some existing blogs that you will find useful:
- An Insight into UK Graduate Schemes
- Degree Apprenticeships Uncovered
- Preparing for sixth form and A levels
- Key changes to A levels in England
- Taking Off the Limits
- Are Russell Group Universities Really Better?
- Surely Social Media Has No Impact On Grades
- Questions to Ask at The Parents’ Evening
- 3 Ingredients for a Meaningful Parents’ Evening
- Are Apprenticeships Worth Considering?
- My NCS Experience
- Back to school
- 5 Ways to Develop Effective Study Skills
- Making the Most of the Holidays
Watch out, there is much more coming. In the meantime let me know the topics you would like to see in future blogs.
It’s great to have you on board!